Saturday 21 May 2016

My life in the rocker...

I have been thinking for some time that I can't just sit here alone for hours on end...maybe there are other mother's feeling the same. That's when I thought a blog about my time in the chair and my thoughts from the chair would be a relief.
It has been going on for 4 weeks now... I have a precious life sleeping on my shoulder for 6-7 hours a day. I am in the nursery chair as this is the only place I feel I can be without waking him. We used to be able to go to the family room and be interactive. Now when I try that he wakes up. My amazing son is not a sleeper as my family doctor would put it bluntly.  We want a routine and we have established a routine. I have tried to avoid props but in doing so, I have become the prop :-(
I know it won't last forever, but each time I try to put him down he wakes. At night he wakes as well... he is predictable during the day and 3 or 4 naps are usually a successful venture. The issue is I am confined to the chair (the comfortable and fancy rocker /recliner). The chair my husband didn't think we needed but man oh man did we (do we) need.
I wonder does anyone else feel stuck? I love my time with my son, but in a chair where I can't nap, prepare food, have a shower, do laundry,etc. .. is a challenge.  I try to enjoy every minute and every moment, but I need to be able to put him down when he is sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment