Saturday 21 May 2016

I was just talking to a friend and it made me realize this really is a good thing to talk about. I feel reassured in my plan to blog.
It sure is better use of my time in the chair than online shopping.  Now I will tell you avoid that if you can while spending time in 'the chair' as it is very addicting!
New sunglasses are always helpful for that walk or daily outing.
Speaking of outings,  it is so nice getting organized to do something knowing we have a routine. I know when he needs to eat approximately and that helps shape my day. That said, a routine that rotates between 3 and 4 hours is hard if you are in a chair for 2 hours.
At the beginning of my plans for routine my son resisted the routine and night time was affected as well.  Now on most occasions night time we wake 3 times but the last few nights have been more frequent.  I am not sure if it is age 4 months next week, or if it is something I am doing. It is all a guessing game. I do however believe it will get better. I do think things come and go in waves. I know my son is trying to communicate when he rubs his eyes vigorously and I know with time it will get easier.
In this process of eat, wake (activity time), sleep I am learning a great deal about infants.  They need sleep and will communicate that in whatever way they can...even when they resist you.
It is hard and I know I have made that clear by publishing a blog called "the chair", but it is all worth it. It is always worth it. Every single piece of this new world called parenting is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment